>>> PREREQUISITES <<<
Contemporary Cupping Methods Advanced Cupping Techniques Module Facial Rejuvenation Advanced Module
The ICTA Cupping workshops are focused on expanding the practice of all Healthcare Professionals including Massage Therapists, Registered Nurses, Physical Therapists, Acupuncturists, Chiropractors, Naturopaths, Medical Doctors, etc.
>>>>> All ICTA classes are taught in the English language <<<<<
The first prerequisite for approval to attend any ICTA Cupping program is the strong understanding, both verbal and written knowledge of the English language.
! ATTENTION !
We have made links to this page available on every page of our "Workshops" area on the CuppingTherapy.ORG website. If you choose to ignore this information, or are thinking to finagle us into waiving any part of our prerequisites so you can slide in unprepared hoping to "make it or fake it" -
>> That is not permitted <<
It is important to understand that you will be participating as part of a group of medical professionals, working in exchange format lab sessions. There is a minimum standard that each participant must meet to be allowed to work on another person in all ICTA Workshops - we promise this to everyone attending.
- If you are a Licensed Healthcare Practitioner and provide your license information to us in our initial registration form or email - GREAT we are thrilled to have you on board!
- If you need time to gather your information to prove you meet the prerequisites (perhaps you are retired, are fresh out of school waiting for your testing or license number, only service your immediete family / friends, (there are reasons and we know this) - - you SHOULD gather that info before paying your tuition - why?
We have a 24 hour buyers remorse clause that requires the 3.5% non-refundable Merchant Fee deduction, but after that period all refunds will incur both the Merchant Fee and the ICTA Administrative Fee of $50.00.
LINK TO REFUNDS AND TRANSFERS
Prerequisites for taking the Contemporary Cupping Methods Program
1) The first prerequisite for approval to attend the Contemporary Cupping Methods training is the completed study of *Full Human Anatomy & Physiology (A&P). Partial or introductory classes are not acceptable (see below description of Full Study A&P).
Currently, the ICTA does not teach A&P, as A&P is part of all core curriculum of formal medical training.
As continuing education providers, our objective is to extend the knowledge beyond the core competencies of any given field of Healthcare training. We require that ALL CCM Student Practitioners are knowledgeable with all the systems, pathologies, structures, terminology, movement, contraindications and safety considerations covered in medical human A&P.
If you do not know what A&P is or have not completed this medical fundamentals training, then you will need to take it upon yourself to complete this basic level competency to meet this part of the prerequisites for the ICTA programs.
It is important to understand that you will be participating as part of a group of medical professionals, (i.e. students of healthcare fields or licensed healthcare practitioners). Your A&P training should therefore be oriented towards a healthcare field in the context of training in same.
* The following subjects are covered in the Full Study of Human Anatomy and Physiology - Medical Terminology - Pathologies - Supporting Structures
- Safety Considerations and General Contraindications for Bodyworkers
Additionally, each State and Province constructs their own regulations and laws regarding licensing of healthcare practitioners. It is your responsibility as a healthcare practitioner to understand your license scope of practice. Only licensed healthcare practitioners can legally provide therapeutic services to the public for money or barter.
2) The other prerequisite to attend the ICTA Certification Program is that your medical training or professional experience includes hands on bodywork where you performed Soft Tissue Manipulation, Joint Work and Kinesiology Techniques.
This is a really important aspect of being prepared to do Suction Therapy. Having sufficient experience handling the body and understanding movement, gait, posture, contraindications of Soft Tissue Manipulation and the dis-eases associated with and effecting the involved structures is required.
If you have not worked with the human body soft tissue and related joints using your hands, then you are not prepared to do safe, effective Cupping Therapy, and you will not be approved to attend.
Prerequisites for taking the Advanced Cupping Techniques Modules
The Advanced Cupping Techniques curriculum is designed for Cupping Therapists who are at the intermediate - experienced level of Cupping competency and who have been actively providing Cupping Therapy in their practices for at least 6 months.
The format of this workshop is such that practitioners are hands on within the 1st hour and remain so until the end of the program - either providing or receiving.
That being understood, it is vitally important that those attending are ready to follow the program and perform the treatments without delays in learning how to perform proper Cupping Therapy or operate their equipment.
This curriculum builds upon the foundations of the ICTA Contemporary Cupping Methods and the EarthSpa Health Traditions Negative Pressure Massage Programs. There are other education programs in the application of Cupping Therapy that may cover the basics of Cupping well enough to prepare most practitioners for the ICTA Advanced Class.
The following are the mandatory prerequisites to attend the ICTA Advanced Cupping Techniques workshop:
1) A fluid operational understanding of the equipment used in class - Baguanfa cups, aspirator bulb cups, biomagnetic cups (HACI - original or Decade Edition)
2) You need to have attended a minimum 24 hours of Continuing Education Program (this does NOT include DVD training) in Cupping Therapy where you covered theory, systems, applications, benefits, contraindications, discoloration of the subdermal surface (it's indicators and pathology), Biomagnetics, safety, sanitation, client education and support.
3) The methods you will be using in lab are Dynamic Cupping, Massage Cupping, Stationary Cupping, Intermittent Cupping, Biomagnetic Cupping, Facial Cupping and NPMLD Cupping methods
- you MUST have mastered these 7 Cupping methods.
4) A minimum of 6 months clinical hands on application of Cupping Therapy including the methods listed in prerequisite #3 is required before taking the Advanced Cupping Techniques workshop.
> Please email us with the documentation that shows you meet these prerequisites.
> If you attended either the ICTA Contemporary Cupping Methods or EarthSpa Health Traditions Negative Pressure Massage Programs- please send us your full name (at the time when you took one of these workshops) and dates of training so we may verify you have the prerequisites listed.
If you have registered and are approved (you have met the prerequisites and have signed the workshop contract to attend) for the Advanced Cupping Techniques workshops and do not have the equipment you'll use (see above link to equipment), contact EarthSpa R&D and they will help make sure you are prepared to take this training.
Prerequisites for taking the Facial Rejuvenation Advanced Module
The prerequisites for the Facial Rejuvenation training is either the completed training in formal Facial Aesthetics by an approved Esthetics School, Institute or program affiliated with a larger Healtcare Curriculum or you meet the minimums described in the above CCM prerequisites.
HOME WORKSHOPS EQUIPMENT CONTEMPORARY CUPPING METHODS ADVANCED CUPPING TECHNIQUES FACIAL REJUVENATION
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR CUPPING
Cupping is contraindicated in cases of severe diseases, lesions, bulging discs, injection sites, organ failure, ascites due to hepato-cirrhosis and severe edema, as well as hemorrhagic diseases such as allergic pupura, hemophilia and leukemia, and clients with dermatosis, destruction of skin, or allergic dermatitis. Cupping should not be applied on the portion where hernia exists or has occurred in the past. For pregnant women, the lower abdomen, medial leg and sacral region should be avoided.
Professional Cupping Therapists practice pre-session assessments - not only at the time of initial intake but everytime they prepare to administer Cupping Therapy on their clients. Client needs can change from day to day - addressing those needs can also change.
Information on this site is provided for informational purposes and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication. As a non-medical practitioner, if you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider. Information and statements regarding Baguanfa have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
© 2005 ICTA - All content on this website is Copyright Protected.
Redistribution of any kind or media is not legal without permission.