>>The ICTA does not provide internet / distance learning training in Cupping Therapy <<
>> Safe and effective Cupping should be learned in the live training forum <<
>> Our workshops are in person training with Certified Cupping Educators <<
Frequently Asked Questions
Locations are based on the Greater Metropolitan Region
The ICTA Privacy / Safety Policies only provides to those registered for a workshop the address of the training. As soon as the training venue has been contracted all approved student practitioners will be notified with the logistics.
All workshops are practitioner-exchange based and require massage tables, thus we need contract for appropriately sized spaces to accommodate this. Instructor contract venues about 3 – 4 weeks in advance of the workshop based on how many students are on the roster.
As soon as the instructor knows they will let everyone on their roster know via email. Since the instructors are coming from out of town, they are equally sensitive to logistics.
Dependent on the workshop:
Contemporary Cupping Methods
– All equipment and supplies provided for lab work.
– Optional equipment purchase at the end of class.
– Students bring their own linens, towels and massage table/bolster
(1 table needed for each team of 2 students – educator will coordinate this with their students).
Advanced Cupping Techniques
– Practitioners bring their oils and equipment.
– All equipment included in tuition.
>>>> All ICTA classes are taught in the English language <<<<<
A solid, functional (both verbal and written) knowledge of the English language is required to attend ICTA Cupping programs.
Prerequisites to attend the Contemporary Cupping Methods Program
1) The first prerequisite for approval to attend the Contemporary Cupping Methods training is the completed study of *Full Human Anatomy & Physiology (A&P). Partial or introductory classes are not acceptable (see below description of Full Study A&P).
The ICTA does not teach A&P, as A&P is part of all core curriculum of formal medical training.
As continuing education providers, our objective is to extend the knowledge beyond the core competencies of any given field of Healthcare training. We require that ALL CCM Student Practitioners are knowledgeable with all the systems, pathologies, structures, terminology, movement, contraindications and safety considerations covered in medical human A&P.
If you do not know what A&P is or have not completed this medical fundamentals training, then you will need to take it upon yourself to complete this basic level competency to meet this part of the prerequisites for the ICTA programs.
It is important to understand that you will be participating as part of a group of medical professionals, (i.e. students of healthcare fields or licensed healthcare practitioners). Your A&P training should therefore be oriented towards a healthcare field in the context of training in same.
* The following subjects are covered in the Full Study of Human Anatomy and Physiology
– Medical Terminology
– Supporting Structures
– Safety Considerations and General Contraindications for Bodyworkers
2) The other prerequisite to attend the ICTA Certification Program is that your medical training or professional experience includes hands on bodywork where you performed Soft Tissue Manipulation, Joint Work and Kinesiology Techniques.
This is a really important aspect of being prepared to do Cupping Therapy. Having sufficient experience handling the body and understanding movement, gait, posture, contraindications of soft tissue manipulation and the dis-eases associated with and effecting the involved structures is required.
If you have not worked with the human body soft tissue and related joints using your hands, then you are not prepared to do safe, effective Cupping Therapy, and you will not be approved to attend.
Prerequisites to attend the Advanced Cupping Techniques Module
~ Completion of the Contemporary Cupping Methods Program
Prerequisites to attend the Facial Rejuvenation Advanced Module
The prerequisites for the Facial Cupping Rejuvenation workshop is either completed training in formal Facial Aesthetics by an approved esthetics school, institute or program affiliated with a larger healthcare curriculum or you meet the prerequisites described in the Contemporary Cupping Methods requirements.
Special group rates are NONREFUNDABLE; the normal refund policy does not apply.
Contact Michelle at email@example.com to discuss your small group.
If you refer someone to our Contemporary Cupping Methods workshop we will email you a $25.00 referral gift certificate as credit towards equipment purchase or workshop tuition.
BEFORE the workshop date – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line REFERRAL along with your name, the name and email of the person you are referring.
AFTER your referral completes the CCM workshop, we will email you your referral gift certificate.
We will not honor claims made after the training, so make sure to contact us before the workshop date your referred colleague is attending!
Referral gift certificates have a 1 year expiration from date of issue.
Please email us at email@example.com to use your referral gift certificate.
- 10 minimum practitioners required.
- All attendees must meet prerequisites.
- Space sufficient to host both classroom and labs areas.
Many contract a local hotel if their clinic is too small to accommodate the workshop space requirements.
Please have a few sets of dates (to work with current educator schedules) and contact Michelle (michelle@cuppingtherapy) so we can discuss your needs and make the necessary arrangements.
If a student needs to transfer to another workshop at less than 30 days to the workshop date, but greater than 2 weeks from the workshop date, there will be a $50.00 transfer fee.
Transfers are not allowed less than 2 weeks away and the student will be subject to the refund policy.
We understand medical and weather emergencies can happen. Waivers may be granted on a case by case basis with acceptable documentation provided by the student to be reviewed by our Director of Education. Email waiver requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer requests must be made in writing, date stamped via email to
- We have a 24 hour Buyer’s Remorse clause that allows for a 100% full refund, minus processing fees of 3.5%.
- Up to 25 days before the workshop, we refund tuition 100% – less $50.00 administration fee and processing fees of 3.5%.
- Between 15 and 25 days before the workshop starts, 50% refunded – less $50.00 administration fee and processing fees of 3.5%.
- Less than 15 days – no refunds.
Special group rates are NONREFUNDABLE; the refund policy does not apply.
ICTA reserves the right to cancel a workshop. Do not purchase airline tickets until you have confirmation that your workshop taking place. ICTA is not responsible for airline ticket penalties, interruptions of travel, hotel expenses, lost or damaged property.
ICTA will not be held responsible for untended or cancelled email addresses or non-functioning phone numbers to make proper contact with those registering. Registrants must contact ICTA if they change their contact information.
Cancellation and rebooking must be made in writing, email date stamped to
- Registration closes 3 days before workshop start date.
- Workshops start at 9am unless instructed otherwise.
- Workshop locations are based on the Greater Metropolitan Region.
- No recordings, digital media, texting or phone calls allowed in workshops. One warning will be given to anyone who violates these policies.